Helping Buyers Find Their Dream Home
Dreaming of a new home? What does it look like? Do you want an open floor plan? Maybe a three-car garage is on your wish list. Is a big front porch a requirement? Whatever the case, let’s talk. Real estate is our passion. We love to talk about homes. We love to look at homes. Above all, we LOVE finding the perfect home. So, let’s find you a home.
FIRST TIME HOMEBUYERS
Just purchased your first home and don't know where to begin? The Jarrod Peterson Real Estate Group is happy to provide you some helpful resources that will come in handy during this exciting stage of your life.Our Resources
7 Reasons to Own Your Home
- Tax breaks: The U.S. Tax Code lets you deduct the interest you pay on your mortgage, your property taxes, as well as some of the costs involved in buying your home.
- Appreciation: Real estate has long-term, stable growth in value. While year-to-year fluctuations are normal, median existing-home sale prices have increased on average 6.5 percent each year from 1972 through 2005, and increased 88.5 percent over the last 10 years, according to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. In addition, the number of U.S. households is expected to rise 15 percent over the next decade, creating continued high demand for housing.
- Equity: Money paid for rent is money that you'll never see again, but mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.
- Savings: Building equity in your home is a ready-made savings plan. And when you sell, you can generally take up to $250,000 ($500,000 for a married couple) as gain without owing any federal income tax.
- Predictability: Unlike rent, your fixed-mortgage payments don't rise over the years so your housing costs may actually decline as you own the home longer. However, keep in mind that property taxes and insurance costs will increase.
- Freedom: The home is yours. You can decorate any way you want and benefit from your investment for as long as you own the home.
- Stability: Remaining in one neighborhood for several years gives you a chance to participate in community activities, lets you and your family establish lasting friendships, and offers your children the benefit of educational continuity.